This position is now closed.
SMEX is looking for a project assistant/researcher. This person will help the organization to develop and enhance various projects.
Key areas of responsibility
- Lead content research in Arabic and English and publish resources on the website following an editorial calendar
- Organize online meetings with potential partners and network members
- Publish new content around technology and social change on daily basis on our Tasharuk platform in Arabic and English and help developing and implementing social media plan for the website
- Introduce our projects to new audiences from the Arab region
- Work closely and assist the managers on their daily tasks
- Assist in building the community management and the social media presence for the organization
- Demonstrated, multi-year experience and expertise in one or more of the following subjects areas: Research or writing, digital rights, training in person or online, preferred fluency in English and Arabic
- Knowledgeable in digital rights issues and online learning
- Working virtually and self organized as well as being part of a team
- Demonstrated written and oral presentation skills, preferably including training, content production
- Language skills, basic web development, image search
- Positive attitude
- Ability to travel and to present SMEX projects in events locally in the country or outside Lebanon
Term of employment
This is a consultant agreement, a contract for 2 month for a start, with the possibility of an extension based on performance
Depends on qualifications, and working experience
- Experience in social media tools, content, strategy is a must
- Advanced online research skills in Arabic and English; bilingual proficiency is desired
- Very good writing skills in Arabic and English
- Experience in light photo editing; basic HTML skills
- Awareness of principles of copyright law and Creative Commons licenses
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrate presenting and training skills
- Flexible with schedule and timing for online calls for meetings
Other desired qualities
- Highly organized self-starter
- The ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience working virtually on a distributed team: This is a partially remote working position, and you must be able to work virtually using Skype and other project management tools established by SMEX
To apply, please send, IN ENGLISH OR ARABIC, a professional cover letter explaining your motivation and a well-formatted CV with links to your work to jobs [at] smex [dot] org. We will respond to promising candidates with a request for an interview.
This position is open for all residents of Lebanon, deadline is May 20th.