Bread&Net is launching a new note-taking competition for young participants interested in reporting on digital rights issues in the Arabic-speaking region. The aim of the competition is to invite new voices from the region to continue to cover digital rights news beyond the event itself. We hope that the selected writers will continue to contribute to digital rights journalism in their respective countries.
The competition is open to students and fresh graduates from any field, and digital rights journalists and enthusiasts from any Arabic-speaking country. As part of the selection process, the candidates will choose two sessions of their choice from last year’s Bread&Net and write a short article summarizing each session. We will choose five finalists who will win a round-trip ticket and accommodation to take part in Bread&Net and write summaries based on a number of sessions that will take place this year in November.
Guidelines for Notetakers
After choosing two sessions from previous Bread&Net discussions, you will write a short summary of no more than 400 words outlining the main issues covered in each of the two sessions.
The summary should include:
- The names of the speakers during the session and their respective individual or organizational roles
- The topic/question covered and what aspects of it were addressed during the session
- The event and session names and dates
- Only the information mentioned in the discussion
- Quotes correctly transcribed and attributed to the relevant speaker
- Hyperlinks to news verifying claims made by speakers and used in the summary when needed
- Further sources if necessary
Please attach your resume and the two summaries to the application form.
Flight and accommodation in Beirut to attend Bread&Net.
Lebanese participants will be rewarded a sum of 300 USD.
Deadline for sending the assignment: Sep 15, 2022
Selected candidates will be announced on: Sep 30, 2022
*To participate in this competition, please send your details and submissions using this form.
This page is available in a different language العربية (Arabic) هذه الصفحة متوفرة بلغة مختلفة