The Operations Manager oversees operational aspects related to Finance, HR, Administration, and ICT through leading, monitoring, and engaging with the assigned technical team. The position holder plays a significant role in identifying staffing needs, contributing to strategies, dealing with key stakeholders, and overseeing budgets.
Management and Coordination
- Managing core internal communication, and projects’ workflow to ensure consistency and efficient allocation of resources across all activities.
- Managing relations with external donors and partners in terms of contracts, subawards, donor reporting and other administrative project requirements.
- Working closely with the Executive Director and Deputy Director to ensure that operational activities are in line with SMEX’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations through monitoring the filing of all related documents.
- Managing and building the capacity of the Operations team, including but not limited to the Finance Officer, IT Assistant, and Administrative Assistant.
- Following up and ensuring proper implementation of SMEX’s internal policies, Code of Conduct, and all related policies including personal time off, holidays, allowances, work modalities, etc.
- Providing managers and staff with advice and guidance on all HR matters.
- Promoting respectful and diverse culture among staff through overseeing the implementation of awareness sessions, inductions, and other relevant trainings as assigned.
- Suggesting strategic objectives and contributing to analyzing staffing needs.
- Overseeing the day-to-day implementation of financial processes including monthly reconciliations, audits, and financial reporting to donors.
- Ensuring accuracy of financial data and supporting the Finance Officer in related tasks.
- Preparing budget forecasts and analysis for current/new funds.
- Performing budget revisions to ensure compliance with SMEX and donor guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, Finance or any related major
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within multicultural environments and team
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Understanding of SMEX’s mission, vision, and values
The Recruitment Process
- Interested candidates should first complete the online application.
- Qualified applicants will be contacted for a follow-up video or face-to-face interview.
We will be considering applications on a rolling basis. So, we encourage interested candidates to submit their applications as soon as they can.