We are looking for a Junior Designer to join our team on a full-time basis. Candidates will be responsible for working with the Art director to create visual input for the website and social media platforms, including banners, social posts, infographics, reports, etc. Knowledge and familiarity with digital rights issues in the WANA region are a must.
- Collaborates closely with the internal design team to ensure brand coherency and consistency across all creative output.
- Proactively identifies emerging design trends, and contributes to robust internal creative conversations.
- Design visual material in Arabic and English (publications, presentations, social media posts, reports, infographics, posters, website material, etc…)
- Design social media content across platforms (including the production of short social media videos)
- Ensure all designs produced meet SMEX’s visual identity
- Assist the execution of creative concepts and productions
- Work across multiple platforms and stay on top of the latest design solutions.
- Contribute ideas and concepts for campaigns, including videos, photo shoots and layouts.
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, media arts, illustration, animation, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Based in Lebanon
- Experience: 2-3 years of professional experience in graphic studios, advertising agencies, branding agencies, or in-house design and branding roles.
- Strong portfolio, showing the ability to think conceptually and strategically
- Firm grip on basic design principles such as typography, composition, scale, etc
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Comfortable using after effects, and Adobe Premiere…
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly and to execute creative work, independently, on short notice with careful attention to details
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within tight deadlines
- Proactivity and enthusiasm for learning new things
- Languages: English and Arabic.
- Positive attitude and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Work well in a team.
- Take initiative and responsibility; open to direct feedback.
- Value diversity of background, opinion, and approach.
- Willing to experiment and reflect on lessons learned.
Location: West Asia and North Africa Region.
Start date: As soon as possible.
The Recruitment Process
- Interested candidates should first complete the online application.
- Qualified applicants will be contacted for a follow-up video or face-to-face interview.
We will be considering applications on a rolling basis. So, we encourage interested candidates to submit their applications as soon as they can.