The topic question this week: How is civil society currently using web/technology in Lebanon to organize, coordinate, do outreach, and effect change? How could they be using technology to be more effective?
We have some great people on the panel, but once again, this is a discussion, so please come and share with us your own ideas and experiences. Hopefully everyone will take away an idea or a bit of info you can use in your own organization!
Date and place: Thursday, July 24, at RootSpace Social hour starts at 6:30pm, discussion from 7-8pm, and social hour continues after that.
• Bassem Chit, technical advisor, Lebanon Support
• Roula Masri, coordinator of the Women’s Right to Nationality Campaign, CRTDA (Collective for Research and Training on Development-Action)
• Imad Atalla, entrepreneur who conducted a survey in 2007 technology use by civil society organizations in Lebanon
• Youssef Fawaz, Executive Director, Al Majmoua – Lebanese Association for Development
• Moderated by Jessica Dheere, director of the Social Media Exchange program at RootSpace
RootSpace is located in the Saifi-Beirut area, on Charles Helou Street above the bus station and the port. We are in the Valli & Valli Building (50 meters from Bayt Al-Kataib, going away from downtown), on the 6th floor. Any questions, please call 03-138-770 or 01-449-536 or find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13195269511