At SMEX, we are working on building networks around digital rights and freedom of expression, both nationally and regionally. We are looking for someone enthusiastic to draft and oversee the program’s framework, processes and implementation in the aim of creating active and functional networks across the Middle East and North Africa region.
This is a full-time position that requires expertise in project management, building networks, and an understanding of the digital rights scene in the region and the world.
- Coordinate with different partners and individuals working in the digital rights sphere, this may include coordinating campaigns, publishing statements, building databases, etc.
- Work closely with the network-building consultant to achieve the envisioned goal
- Lead project planning, execution, and monitoring processes
- Ensure project activities take place on time and comply with the policies and regulations of the organization
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Plan and facilitate kick-off workshops with different organizations and individuals, as well as coordinate partner meetings throughout the project period
- Monitor the implementation and progress of the project according to approved stated objectives, work plan, budget and record progress by working closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Monitor the progress of the project against set indicators in a timely manner
- Monitor, evaluate and suggest changes and improvements in program and material based on observations and discussions with beneficiaries, partners, and donors
- Ensure procurement requests are presented on a timely basis to facilitate timely implementation of activities, ensuring cost efficiency and accountability in compliance with SMEX and donor regulations and procedures
- Prepare periodic project narrative and financial reports as well as other ad hoc reports, according to SMEX and donor requirements
- Trouble shoots project problems, and identify and implement creative solutions
- Working closely with the management team and with the consultant
- Represent SMEX in relevant meetings
- MA in a field related to project management in the digital rights sphere
- Familiarity with SMEX’s core issues and must share common human rights values around privacy, users’ rights, electronic surveillance, data protection, freedom of expression, accessibility, open culture
- Good understanding of processes and building networks
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; respect for deadlines and iterative processes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work under pressure when necessary
- A strong command of Arabic and English, written and spoken, and in-depth knowledge of the MENA region
Remote or in Beirut office
Qualified by years of experience and years working in the field
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Feature image via Unsplash.