SMEX is looking for an Event Manager to lead and implement Bread&Net, the annual SMEX unconference on digital rights in the MENA region. The manager will be responsible for organizing and hosting the 2021 edition of Bread&Net which will take place around November/December.
- Project the vision and the spirit of the 3 year-old event during all operations
- Lead the event and a team of staff, consultants, and volunteers
- Build up a general strategy and timeline
- Consult and coordinate with the Advisory Committee to discuss the event’s strategy and all relevant details through regular calls, leading subcommittees (divided by theme), evaluating session suggestions sent in by panelists
- Recognize Bread&Net’s potential Community Partners and coordinate with them
- Identify, follow up, and communicate with new partners
- Work closely with SMEX management team
- Deliver and design a detailed program and lead sessions’ planning
- Build a team for the Bread&Net event by recruiting current and new staff members
- Create an action plan for the event with all assigned tasks to different team members
- Write a report about the event’s activities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Excellent management skills
- Dynamic personality with the readiness to work under pressure
- Motivational leader
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Knowledge of technologies, online platforms, and project management tools online
Education and experience:
- Degree in hospitality management, public relations, or any relevant field is preferred
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a senior role in event organization
- Four years or more of progressive event management experience is preferred
- Good understanding of Digital Rights and adequate knowledge of the MENA region
Beirut – Lebanon
The applicant should fill this form.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.