We are recruiting a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our Beirut office and support us in achieving our mission. The Administrative Assistant will be supporting team members in day to day work, providing assistance in organizing training sessions and events, including Bread&Net, and more.
As the Administrative Assistant at SMEX, you will be responsible for working with other team members to maintain office systems and procedures—including correspondence, filing, procurement, light accounting—and for handling the logistics of SMEX-organized events. This position demands attention to details, a high degree of fluency with office technology, and flexibility.
The Administrative Assistant will be mainly responsible for:
- Maintaining office systems and workflows, including updating project files
- Managing petty cash and making payments
- Procurement for office needs and events
- Leading Bread&Net 2022 logistics, which includes allocating the venue, accommodation, printing and stationery, and catering.
- Following up closely with Bread&Net speakers on all logistics details before, during and after the event
- Helping in identifying and defining strategic partnerships with local venues
- Recruiting volunteers, rapporteurs for workshops and events
- Identifying, following up, and communicating with new partners
- Working closely with SMEX management team
- Supporting in reports about the event’s activities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Excellent management skills
- Dynamic personality with the readiness to work under pressure
- Motivational leader
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Knowledge of technologies, online platforms, and project management tools online
- Degree in business management, hospitality management, public relations, or any relevant field is recommended
- Proven experience in providing support to projects and teams
- Strong writing and editing ability in Arabic and/or English
- Must be based in Lebanon and able to commit to 40 hours/week
- Knowledge of development, human rights and/or digital rights issues a plus
The applicant should fill this form.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Feature image before editing: Bich Tran from Pexels