SMEX is recruiting a full-time Arabic language editor to assist the editorial team with publishing digital rights stories from the Arabic-speaking region.
- Research and write digital rights stories from the region
- Assist the editorial team in writing and editing news articles and campaigns
- Participate in preparing and writing SMEX’s monthly newsletter
- Prepare a social media calendar and coordinate with the designer and editor to create social media posts
- Community management on social media
- Publishing articles on SMEX website
- Help the editorial team with any other required tasks
- Collaborate with other units within SMEX
- Ensure that content meets the organizations’ values and guidelines
- Organize, modify and update existing content
- Manage a busy workload according to deadline
- Proofread, edit and improve reports, documents, and deliverables
- Excellent Arabic writing and editing skills and fluency in English
- Able to identify relevant digital rights-related stories within our region
- Journalism background with interest in digital rights in the Arabic-speaking region
- Very good community management skills, with social media proficiency, and ability to use storytelling to bring light to digital rights issues
- Self-organized with the ability to work remotely and under pressure
- Knowledgeable about digital rights issues on the local, regional, and international levels, and a genuine interest in developing their understanding of technology’s impacts on human rights, society and democracy in the region
- Ability to develop and follow clear goals and identify priority activities and assignments
- Very good listening and facilitation skills – capable of managing and facilitating group discussions with program participants, partners, and all levels of staff
- Knowledge of geo-politics and socioeconomic issues specific to our region
SMEX office and/or Remote
The applicant should fill in this form.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.