SMEX is interested in recruiting a part-time English editor. This person will be leading the English editing process under the direction of the digital content manager.
- Editing and proofreading different types of content for errors and inconsistencies.
- Creating compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience.
- Proofread and edit spelling, grammar and syntax.
- Ensure that content meets SMEX values, standards, and targets.
- Organize, modify and update existing content.
- Verify content and information.
- Manage a busy workload according to deadline.
- Proofread, edit and improve reports, documents, and deliverables.
- Meet deadlines and comply with SMEX reporting guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English Literature, or related field.
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Interest and experience in the digital rights field
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software.
- Proficient in Google drive, and ability to adapt quickly on project management systems like Asana.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Jobs[at]smex[dot]org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.