Monitor and Evaluation Officer
Social Media Exchange (SMEX)
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan, research, and learning framework of the projects.
Under the supervision of the Programmes Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will assist in developing a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the projects and develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered for all Programmes. The data gathered will help in internal monitoring, assessment, and internal compliance.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work closely with Unit Leads and Programme Coordinators on the planning and the closing of different projects and assist in the annual report. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will closely assist the Administration Officer in preparing Quarterly and Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with program teams.
Tasks Include but are not limited to:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection, and evaluation procedures.
- Assist in developing the frameworks and M&E plans for the different projects mainly regular project review.
- Develop Performance Monitoring Plan and Tracking tables with relevant data collection systems for the projects under implementation in different units.
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicators for the project success.
- Develop project Work Plan and keep it updated following project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Report monthly, quarterly, semiannually, and annually on all project activities to M&E Manager.
- Prepare donor and completion reports to a high quality and accuracy of data.
- Oversee and support collection, aggregation, and analysis of data, to meet all relevant reporting requirements and to measure the impact of interventions as well achievement against the performance indicators and log frame.
- Identify and document lessons learned and best practices and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project(s). Provide advice on improving project(s) performance using M&E.
- Provide input, information, and statistics for quarterly, annually, and other reports to the Programmes Manager.
- Participate in annual project reviews and assist the Programmes Manager in preparing relevant reports including lessons learned from project innovations.
- Develop M&E system for the Project and for the government counterpart/stakeholders.
- Prepare Risk log for different projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in statistics, business administration, data science, or other relevant field – master’s degree prefered.
- At least 2 years of M&E experience prefered.
- Nonprofit experience, with experience with fund/grants accounting preferred.
- Strong communication, coordination, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in both spoken and written Arabic and English (no exceptions). Other regional languages (Farsi, Turkish, Kurdish, Armenian, and French) are an asset.
- Strong report writing and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
- Practical knowledge of participatory community development principles and practices, including participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation an asset.
- Some knowledge in digital rights is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Google software.
- Strong commitment to SMEX’s cause and values (required).
SMEX office and/or Remote
Interested candidates should send a motivation letter explaining their interest in this position and a current CV using this form.