We are looking for an Events Coordinator to plan and coordinate Bread&Net, our yearly regional conference on digital rights, in addition to other events hosted by SMEX.
- Managing events and addressing potential obstacles that may arise
- Planning different aspects of the event including program, side events, invitees, panelists, press, stakeholders, etc.
- Work closely with SMEX team and coordinate units’ event input
- Consult and coordinate with the Advisory Committee to discuss Bread&Net’s strategy and all relevant details through regular calls
- Evaluate session suggestions sent in by panelists
- Recognize events and Bread&Net’s potential Community Partners with the support of SMEX management and coordinate with them
- Create an action plan for all events with all assigned tasks to different team members
- Write a report about the event’s activities
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors
- Planning for potential scenarios that could impact the event
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Event Coordinators are required to network with a wide variety of entities in the course of their job. For Bread&Net, they are in contact with speakers, attendees, vendors and venues, and the entire SMEX staff to ensure the event runs smoothly. An Event Coordinator must have a general knowledge of what guests expect.
- Team Management: Event Coordinators carry out many tasks on their own, but a significant aspect of the job is working with a team. Delegating to a team properly and making sure everyone has what they need to do their job requires team management and leadership skills.
- Budgeting: Every event comes with a cost, and it’s the Event Coordinator’s job to keep those costs within the allocated budget. This will require a degree of financial skill as well as the ability to create accurate reports.
- Logistics: Everything in an event, from the seating to the entertainment, must be set up in a practical and useful manner for the guests. To accomplish this, the Event Coordinator must possess a degree of skill in logistics to properly plan the details and anticipate potential problems that may arise.
Education and experience:
- Degree in hospitality management, public relations, or any relevant field is preferred
- Four years or more of progressive event management experience is preferred
- Good understanding of Digital Rights and adequate knowledge of the WANA region
Beirut – Lebanon