SMEX is recruiting a part time Communication and Campaigns Officer. They will be in charge of campaigning for the different projects that SMEX is currently implementing in addition to managing communication and campaigning for SMEX’s annual Arabic-language unconference Bread&Net.
- Co-create the social media strategy with the Digital Content Manager (DCM) and the team members to best serve the objectives of the different project’s communication plans,
- Co-create a communication plan for Bread&Net,
- Create and diffuse content on SMEX social media (including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube….) to promote Bread&Net and other projects,
- Assist in responding to media requests,
- Promote sessions and activities during Bread&Net,
- Help and support in strategic communication tasks with SMEX,
- Ability to work with instructions from the DCM and Operations Manager.
- Familiarity with SMEX’s core issues and must share common human rights values around privacy, users’ rights, electronic surveillance, data protection, freedom of expression, accessibility, open culture,
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; respect for deadlines and iterative processes,
- Experience organizing measurable online campaigns, preferably for an advocacy-oriented organization,
- Excellent writing and communication skills,
- Fluent in Arabic and English (both spoken and written),
- Good experience in media management,
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or any relevant university degree,
- Experience in journalism, communications or public relations,
- Experience and knowledge of development, implementation and management of digital strategy and tools,
- Ability to work independently and report relevant information clearly and concisely,
- Diplomatic and patient nature,
- Strong networking ability.
This is a 25/30h per week position with a salary range between USD900-1000.
The applicant should submit a cover letter outlining his/her expertise, and the resume to: Jobs@smex.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.