SMEX is interested in recruiting a graphic designer. This person will help the organization on the different running projects visualization.
- Ability to work with instructions and tasks from the Operations Manager
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print, and for the web.
- Create marketing artworks for social media posts, and develop templates that are easy to use for non-designers.
- Creating and designing presentations for the organization.
- Estimating the time required to complete a job.
- Developing intricate design briefs that suit the organization purpose.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design.
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within time and cost constraints.
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to the team.
- Working with a range of media, including various vector and pixel-based Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.), and keeping up to date with emerging technologies.
- Proofreading and attention to details to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Proper archiving and file handling design packages and links
Apart from design and sketching skills, you’ll need to show:
- Degree in Graphic Design
- Interest in social work and digital security
- Proven experience and qualifications
- Ability to self-lead projects
- Passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair.
- Experience in the production of engaging digital media
- A flexible approach when working in a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain ideas.
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at once.
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs.
- Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs.
- Working with a user-experience based approach rather than an aesthetics approach.
The applicant. should submit a cover letter outlining his/her expertise, portfolio, and the CV: Jobs@smex.org