SMEX has decided to organize the annual digital rights event in the MENA region Bread&Net 2020 online. While we won’t be hosting an in-person gathering as usual, we look forward to once again bringing the community together with an engaging and dynamic online experience that addresses the most pressing digital rights issues in the Middle East and North Africa.
SMEX is interested in recruiting a sound engineer to lead the online streaming and recording process of Bread&Net 2020 during November. We will have several sessions of different formats, and we might have some limited physical meetings during the event period.
- Follow instructions and details from the Operations Manager.
- Record, edit and mix audio tracks (instruments, vocals, etc.)
- Set up and test sound equipment before events, broadcasts or recordings.
- Enhance sound quality and add sound effects to recordings.
- Work with video editors to synchronize video with audio tracks.
- Play backing tracks and special effects during live events.
- Create and maintain sound libraries for the event.
- Resolve technical issues when they arise.
- Lead the live streaming process on Bread&Net website and SMEX’s social media platforms.
- Design the session’s recording process with the event’s team.
- Deliver all sessions in podcast form.
- Proven experience as a sound engineer.
- Experience in live streaming, making podcasts, etc.
- Technical expertise in sound engineering techniques (e.g. equalization).
- Experience with sound editing and recording equipment (e.g. mixing consoles).
- Working knowledge of recording software and hardware.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Creativity and attention to detail.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent hearing and manual dexterity.
- Degree in audio/sound engineering or related field is a plus.
- Interest in the digital rights field (preferable).
- Value diversity of background, opinion, and approach.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a detailed email of their experience and interest in this opportunity to: email@example.com
Only potential candidates will be contacted.
Bread&Net is a multi-day unconference, where activists, technologists, lawyers, artists, trainers, journalists, researchers, entrepreneurs, and others from across the region convene to set a collective, forward-looking agenda promoting digital freedoms. Bread&Net aims to reactivate and renew an existing yet latent network of multidisciplinary stakeholders, by offering an open and safe space from which to devise strategies and tactics that respond to the digital rights challenges in the Middle East and North Africa.