SMEX is looking for a technical support specialist, familiar with the Hopin platform to assist in the production of the 2020 edition of Bread&Net, our annual conference on digital rights. This offer is project-based (around 25 hours).
- Use video streaming tools effectively to produce a live stream to be published on Hopin
- Manage the workflow of the presenters and moderators on the Hopin platform
- Direct and manage volunteers who will provide technical support to the attendees of B&N, including assistance to speakers, enforcement of the code of conduct, etc.
- Collaborate with the larger SMEX team to produce the B&N event smoothly and efficiently
- Remain available and reachable for the duration of the online conferences (around 4 days, Dec 1-4)
- Familiar with Hopin and other tech related events platforms
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work within a team in a timely manner
- Positive approach and solution oriented
- SMEX office in Beirut or remotely
The applicant should submit their resume to: Jobs@smex.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Bread&Net is an annual Arabic-language unconference that promotes digital freedoms in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Hosted by SMEX, Bread&Net strengthens efforts to defend and advance digital rights in the region by bringing together a diverse community that includes hundreds of activists, technologists, journalists, researchers, lawyers, academics and entrepreneurs from the MENA and other regions across the globe.
Social Media Exchange (SMEX) is a registered Lebanese NGO that works to advance self-regulating information societies in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Through highly contextualized media development and digital rights programs, we leverage applied research, social networks, and open technologies to advocate for policies and practices that will lead to sustainable social change.
Photo resource: unsplash.com